Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Best Flying Wishes for 2013!

First of all, a happy new year to everyone tuning in here for the very first time in 2013! With all counters reset and a new start being given, I would like to wish all those desparately looking for a job mileshigh best of luck this year! I was told 13 is a lucky number... Agreed, it has been quite a while since the last time I spent a few moments to updating my blog. But - right guess indeed - no big revelation in aviation occured to me ever since. Except being found medically fit to fly for another year last september, yet another savings investment into a couple of IFR-hours on the Twinstar, some local VFR flying in scarse CAVOK weather over Flanders and reading about aviation theory, not that much happened. Busy times however in my job as a teamcoach/engineer. Since my company is releasing a new product around april this year, I have been busy preparing my department to cope with the proces-milestones and project deliveries. So I did spend quite a lot of time brainstorming on the jobfloor, in project meetings, at my desk... Apart from a huge amount of (re)engineering flows that also included recruiting quite a lot of new profiles and promotions of coworkers under my lead on the right time/place. Are we still speaking about a jobcrisis in Europe? ... however... in European aviation, it's not a big deal at the moment, unless you were elected as a 21-year-old to work for Ryanair to find yourself next to a 25 year old captain. But as air traffic is booming in evolving new markets (Asia, Africa, South-America), I hope one day soon these markets will open opportunities in Europe or abroad to quality pilots with sufficient experience in life. Meanwhile, apart from studying these new market's foreign languages, I may start to focus on a flight instructor course this year as to keep in close touch with quality flying. I'll keep you guys updated on that item. But so far it only comes to tasting commercial aviation, as I did very recently on the jumpseat aboard a regional commuter to southern Europe, which was a great experience and an apotheosis to another great year of flying! Picture up left has been taken at the start of the decent to our destination airport.

No comments: