Monday, July 21, 2014

Hi there, since my blogstats are showing there is no longer that much visiting "traffic" on this blog for the past few months now, I think I may be putting the updates overhere on hold for a while. After all, I have reached that milestone now of which I was talking & dreaming at the very beginning of this story. However, before just shutting down: a last update. After 8 months in de United States I must admit that life is great and I discovered many new horizons both in aviation and in meeting quite some interesting people overhere. I am so happy I could finally quit my previous (non-aviation) job and fulfill part of my (American) dream overhere. Meanwhile, close to 10 written exams and checkrides later, I am the proud owner of a double CPL rating (EASA/FAA) and flight instructor rating (EASA FI/FAA CFI). On top of that: finally getting paid now to fly instead of pay to fly feels like a relief! I know I am lucky since many of my former colleagues and people I know in Europe are still having hard times getting enrolled. I had tough times too in getting hired so I truly know how sad that feels ("been there, done that"). But finally and luckily I now live the dream. So, I sincerely wish all those still out there the best in finding that cockpit seat waiting for the professional! I hope those "better times ahead" they keep talking about will be quickly coming true. Who knows I maybe may be (re)training you in a near future and would in that case really look forward to learn you through drill and skill to become one of those to whom the skies are not the limit but their second homes!

No comments: